Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Romeo

I have posted before about my Sun Conure Romeo and how much I adored her while she was with me. In all honesty I don't talk about her much because I still miss her, and would do anything to have her back with me.

For a long time I knew I wanted to have some artwork of her done. I wanted a piece in Memoriam to her, something special that would make me smile. So when I saw Christie Cox's work I knew she was the one that had to do it.

I thought about what I wanted and decided to steampunk the picture so it wouldn't necessarily make me tear up every time I saw it, like her pictures tend to do. It came out amazing!


Romeo is done in watercolors and colored pencil for the steampunky bits. I absolutely love it. You guys should go check out her work on her Facebook and Deviant Art pages. Her rates are extremely reasonable.

I have to say that working with Christie was a wonderful experience. She knew this was a Memoriam piece and that it had very special meaning for me and she treated the process with care and sensitivity. She is a wonderful artist and person and I Thank her with all of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment