Thursday, October 6, 2011

Who is that handsome bird?

Amazons are natural born clowns. It's one of the reasons I love them so much. Echo embodies this characteristic to the utmost degree. He loves to get me giggling and seems to have that marker set as his goal every time I bring him out to roam around the play stand.

Today he found the metal mirror. He was so stunned. He could not figure out why the other bird tasted so funny. He tried to preen him, talk to him, even attacked him a few times and still, that silly metal sheet got between him and his objective.


"Who is that beautiful bird?"


He was so preoccupied with the “other” bird that he ignored me as if I wasn't there. Something he never does. He even ignored all the people food I put out for him, and let me tell you, his feathery butt really gets moving for people food.


"Come here."


I find this interesting mainly because he does not like Duke, the other amazon, anywhere near him. So much so, that he will throw a tantrum about it. Duke, on the other hand, wants to know everything he can about Echo and stalks him. It's an interesting thing to watch, though I never let Duke get too close because I still don't know what his motives are.


"Target acquired, I'm going in!"

No comments:

Post a Comment