Monday, October 3, 2011

Pizza night

Parrot Pizza

Ingredients

Rice cake, plain (low salt/low sugar)
1or 2 tbs of either tomato sauce or peanut butter
Copped/grated veggies and nuts

Take a rice cake and spread either tomato sauce or peanut butter on top. Then add your birds favorite veggies and nuts. Example: grated zucchini and carrots with some finely chopped walnuts.

Be creative. Use your birds favorite foods and add some that they haven't had before. For instance, my cockatoo's favorite food is broccoli but she is not super fond of carrots. I grate the carrots very finely but chop the broccoli in larger chunks. This way I can hide the carrot under the broccoli and she knows no different.

You can also use a bagel or even toast instead of a rice cake, use what you have handy.

Hint: for smaller birds cut the rice cake into quarters for easier management.

Refrigerate any left over pizza until ready to serve.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there wow I will try this for my birds . It sounds awesome .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how they like it. :D

    ReplyDelete