Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Things are perfect, until their not.

Yesterday morning was great. Duke and Echo got some time out on the play stand, and got some goodies. It was great. We all got along happily. Duke was happy to do as I asked of him, and let me scratch him and play. It was awesome, until about 4pm. Duke was aggravated with something, I don't know what, and went on a screaming spree for almost an hour. Then stopped for 45 mins then started up again for about 15 then all quiet until John got home.

Once John walked in the door he went ballistic. He would just not stop screaming so I finally had to give in and cover him up. I don't like to cover the birds, I feel like I am shunning them when I do it. But my migraine was at its maximum and I just needed him to stop.

He does this every so often, usually once a week, but on a bad week he can go off like this daily. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes at night, most of the time in the middle of the afternoon. I don't know why. I guess he just wants more attention, but I wont reward him for screaming. It's just not happening. He will have to figure out sooner then later that he gets out of the cage when he is being quiet and does not get out when he is screaming like a banshee.

I hope he picks this up soon, my ears need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment