Friday, February 3, 2012

Duke Vs. The Migraine

When there is a battle over my head space, between Duke and a raging migraine...in short, Duke wins.

I have been battling daily migraines for the last 2 weeks. Normally a few pills cure the problem but every now and then medication doesn't help, thats what happened today. I woke up with this insane pounding in my head, noise, light and movement made me cry. I was hold up in the recliner water on the table beside me and a cold washcloth over my eyes when at 8:30 Duke starts to scream.

Now normally 1 of 2 things happen here. Either 1. I ignore him and he shuts up, or 2. I cover his cage and he shuts up. Neither was going to work today. His cage was already covered as a preemptive strike to avoid his screams, lotta good that did me, and ignoring him wasn't working. after 15 mins I went to hide in the bedroom.

I stayed there until 2pm.

Duke was still screaming. He had not stopped more then 30 second intervals since he started at 8:30.

I wanted to kill him. I admit it. Thoughts of plucking his little feathered butt danced around in my brain. I couldn't keep hiding in the bedroom, as much as it felt like my face was splitting open and sliding off my skull I was going to have to force myself through the door and get my day started.

It hurt, I cried, and I threw up, which was a joy in and of it's self, but eventually Duke shut up and my throbbing in my head is now bearable. So life moves on, and hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment