Monday, February 27, 2012

Conures & Quakers

During the last few weeks with my migraines coming with barely any notice, I have found myself trying to preempt any loud bird noises. This is not easy with a room filled with conures.

In the morning s John goes in and feeds them while I am still asleep, thus saving me from their screams of "Hey! Thats the food guy! Do you see the food guy? I see the food guy. Hey food guy, FEED ME!"

I have a theory that a beak chomping on food is less likely to scream and so far I have been right so when the noise level starts to rise again around 11am I have been grabbing my bag of homemade bird bread and facing an onslaught of my own. I imagine it's something like this, "Hey, it's a lady this time! What's that she's got there? Hey Lady, what's in that bag? Give it to me!"

So I have been pushing threw the fray of screams to have a very quiet and easy going afternoon like I am now, the only noise is Kenya practicing her whistles and calling the dogs to see if she can get them to come to her.

Now the weekends are different, I don't usually go into the bird room because when John is home, and they seem to know exactly what days he is home, the conures never truly shut up. So today when I went in there it was total jubilation at the site of me. I really heard a difference in their calls, they sounded...happy.

The most amusing part was my pair of Quakers, who really don't have any use for humans other then the bringers of food and water. Normally when I am with in hearing distance they yell at me to "go away" actually saying those words over and over, "Go away! Go Away!" Today, as I was feeding the cage next to them I got, "Come here! Come Here!" I smiled opened their cage deposited a hunk-o-bread and closed their cage to a resounding, "Go Away!"

This has amused me more then it should I'm sure but I still giggle because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment