Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Who let the dogs out?

We just got back from chasing our escaped dogs. Scarlett, the bad influence that she is, dug her way out of the back fence while John was in the shower. Naturally Gunnar followed her.

When John was dry and dressed he found Scarlett in the neighbors yard. This is a scary thing because Scarlett as I have mentioned before in this blog, doesn't play well with other dogs, yet, she was easy to find and catch. Gunnar on the other hand, had a case of wonder lust.

It took more then 3 hrs to find him. Across a busy road down a dead end street and following what I can only describe as a chunky female Chihuahua. (He is neutered but apparently porky little females still smell good.)

John is over 2 hrs late for work, I am an emotional mess, and the dogs, their sleeping. Gunnar had a bath because he apparently rolled in what ever the Chihuahua did, something very dead by the smell of him.

Can I go back to bed now?

2 comments:

  1. I know it was a trial, but I'm glad that you were able to find them both safe and sound. It could have ended much worse. Hugs to both you and John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It scared me to death. Gunnar is not street smart and the fact that he just gallivanted across a busy road still makes me shudder. If anything had happened to him I don't know what I would have done.

      I had a tremor in my hands most of that day. It takes me a little while to shake the panic over things like this. I knew he was alright, that he was safe and sound here at home, but my mind keeps taking that trip down to the corner of Drama Lane and What If street.

      I'm just glad we found him, and trust me I have been keeping a closer eye on the two of them.

      Delete