Monday, February 6, 2012

Gunnar's day at the park

Sunday has become our dog park day. As much as I would love to take both dogs out to the park, Scarlett has some issues that prevent her from socializing with others. Basically she wants to eat all the other dogs and she behaves extremely badly even when she is not trying to eat them, so she doesn't get to go on these doggie outings.

Gunnar on the other hand is very well behaved. We watch him closely and intervene when the excitement seems to ramp up a bit to high. He tends to get really rough with the other dogs, some don't mind but there are a few that don't want 80 pounds of slobbering boxer pounding down on them. So we try and keep him a bit more on the calmer side.

Gunnar is also a very vocal dog. This seems to panic other dog owners because he sounds like he is going to make their pooches a meal at any moment. I am used to his noises mainly because he is always "talking" to me when we are at home, and I find it kinda cute so there's that.

The park was pretty empty this Sunday, most folk probably opting to watch the super bowl, so there was only maybe 8 to 10 other dogs there. Everyone was getting along, not a lot of "ruff" housing, in general a pretty lazy day. At this point I asked John for his phone intent on taking a few pictures with it. He instead handed me a small Nikon camera, this confused me because I am slow sometimes and I just looked at him puzzled.

As some of you have gleaned, my camera has been having issues. Either not taking clear focused pictures or not staying on at all, John being the most awesome husband in the world took note of this camera as I looked at it back in December, wishing we had the spare money to get it. He smiled at me and exclaimed "Merry Valen-birth-mas!" Yes, the camera is my Christmas-birthday-valentines gift. It took him some time to scrape the money together with out me noticing and get it as an "investment" in my blog. Have I said yet how awesome he is? Because he is awesome and so much more.

The camera is a Nikon Coolpix S3100. It is a great little camera, and takes some really nice pictures, so of course I got to play with it in the park.


"Hi Mom!"




Gunnar on the A Frame



I watch a bit of dog agility on tv and I never realized how difficult it was for dogs to traverse the A frame. This was Gunnars first day trying it, I think I'll wait till he masters this before I try him on the teeter totter they have.



Back in the shade of the main pavilion.



Relaxing in the shade. It was a long fun filled day at the dog park.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, is not dog, is moose! And what a smile he has! :D

    --Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a moose. I think his smile has the potential to melt hearts, he melts mine every day.

    Dawwwwwwwwwwwwww.

    ReplyDelete