Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sister's Pets

My sister doesn't have as many critters as I do, she just has different critters mostly. For instance I don't have cats, my sister does, two of them in fact along with a dog, a cockatiel and some sort of lizard whose name sounds like something out of some post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller.

When I decided to come up and help take care of her critters for the week I brought one of my dogs with me. The reason for this is that I am a nervous person, being alone in an unfamiliar place tends to exacerbate that little personality flaw, so I bring the dog because he looks like he could eat any would be intruders. The fact that both her dog and mine are about as ferocious as a pair of guppies is besides the point.

Now being that I don't have cats, my dog is not used to them and pretty much has no clue what they are other then, they are fast, and have 5 pointy ends. He has been introduced to each pointy part of 2 cats very thoroughly and still goes back for another sniff.

So last night I am all curled up in bed, two dogs curled up on the floor "protecting" me and all is right and safe in the world. As I sleep I hear this noise that sounds almost like a growl. I shake it off, ignoring it being only half awake I figure it's my imagination and fall back asleep. Another growl, this one much louder wakes me up. I stare at the clock (4:12 am) wondering if I am hearing things or if someone has broken into the house. Another growl, louder and more urgent. I sit up and scan the room, it's dark but there is some light and I see my dog staring at the bed and growling.

Ooook, there is something on the bed...other then me...that he doesn't think is supposed to be there... I pull my feet up and start to scramble out of the bed, all the time thinking of things that could possibly be in the bed that would alert the dog. (Giant spider, rat, dismembered mutant zombie hand...) Then I here the "tinkle tinkle" of a cat bell and my sisters kitten, Angel, peeks her head out of the mound of blankets.

Apparently Gunnar thought I was going to be the next victim of the pointy ends of the kitty. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment