Monday, January 9, 2012

Back Home

Well it seems now that the craziness of the holidays is done and My husband, the birds, dogs and myself are slowly relaxing back into our normal routines. As I promised, I have gotten some pictures of my sisters critters. Well all but the lizard whom I totally forgot to take a picture of.


This is Rocky, my sisters Sheperd/Collie mix. He is a pretty quiet dog, doesn't cause a lot of trouble unless he is trying to push me off the bed, which he tried only once during my stay.


This is Angel, the younger of the two cats. (Under a year old I think) She was the cat my dog Gunnar was most interested in during our visit. She liked to run and has a bell on her collar with just seemed to encourage Gunnar into bouncing up behind her constantly. By the time we left he was very well acquainted with her needle sharp claws.


This is Raven, an older cat who is blind in one eye. She had a pretty bad upper respiratory infection last week. She should be seeing the vet sometime today or tomorrow. I am sure that she will be feeling better after a nice round of antibiotics. I felt so bad for her, she was sneezing and coughing quite a bit while I was there. Gunnar left her alone for the most part, though he was introduced to her "pointy ends" a few times.


This is my sisters Cockatiel. I have asked her and the kids the poor birds name and people just look at me funny so I have officially named her Sweetie. Sweetie is just that, a sweet and pretty chipper little tiel. She sang a lot to me, and we whistled to each other back and forth. She isn't hand tame and with two cats lurking around I didn't want to take her out of the cage so we just stuck to whistling and I think she had a pretty good time.


Gunnar and Rocky had a great time together. They loved running around outside together and chasing one another around the pool. It was nice to see Rocky let loose. I always worry about him, not having another dog to play with.

Here the two of them are watching the yard. A few squirrels were playing up in a tree and some twigs were dropping catching their attention.


The two boys had quite a bit of fun while we were all together. It was pretty neat to watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment