Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Holiday Gifts

As I wind down from the holidays I thought I would show off some of the nifty things my family and friends got us. (Click pictures to enbiggen.)

One of my amazingly talented friends Jen quilted this for my husband and myself. John identifies with bears and I with wolves so this piece was aptly titled, Mother Wolf and Father Bear.


The next picture shows 2 presents, the first from my Brother-in-law, Steven, framed word art from Sticks and Stones we chose Romance as our word. Under that is a painting that my sister did for me of more steam punk Sun Conures. I have to say I love them very much, they have really brightened up the mantle.


My uber talented sister also managed to make my big bear of a husband squeek with glee when he opened this...


Yep his very own hand made TARDIS! Let me tell you this photo does not do it justice. It is an amazing piece, made of balsa wood and is light as a feather. My sister is pretty awesome when it comes to making things with balsa wood, She has made quite a few houses and the detail is mind blowing.

So thats all I have to show you for now, did anyone out there get something that they are absolutely Ga-Ga over? Lets hear about them in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts! I love that Tardis too! It's absolutely awesome.

    Do you mind if I steal and repost that picture of your quilt? The picture I took turned out too blurry to post :(

    I'm glad you had a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hun. If you cant steal it from here let me know and I will send you a copy of it, screaming yellow wall and everything. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I got it just fine. Thanks! And the screaming yellow wall is very cheerful :)

      Delete