Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Play time with Zora

In the confusion at my sisters house, she accidentally left on vacation with my camera bag, which of course had my camera in it. I have in turn borrowed hers. It's a nice camera, a full auto focus Fuji, and it takes nice pictures...when it works. :(

So Monday night I was playing with the camera, admiring the nice colors and trying not to over expose the pictures I was taking with too much light. While I was doing this Zora started getting antsy, she loves the camera and is a little ham so I decided to try and get some nice photos.

First of course we get "fluffly" Zora.


"Look at all my pretty plumage."


Then she relaxes and starts to whistle and chitter happily while I take pictures.


"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."


As I was snapping photos, Zora was getting quality play time with John. I am not sure if I moved suddenly or John did but at one point Zora took flight which began a new series of shots of her in flight. Which isn't easy when the camera has some weird delay. This is the only shot I really got of her flying.


My goal in life is to get a picture of one of the birds flying towards me. I think it would look pretty darn cool.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that shot of her flying is really quite nifty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit washed out because of the lighting but yea, I think it's kinda nifty too.

      Delete
  2. One of these days, I'll just have to sign up so I don't have to post these as "Anonymous" anymore... :P

    I am finally getting around to responding. o.o;; I love the Zora pictures, especially the 'flight' one! I think the lighting makes her look really pretty, a more light, vibrant green. It's really an awesome shot. And she's such a cutie in the other pictures, posing for the camera like that. :)

    --Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a real cutie pie when she wants to be. Sometimes though, she can be a vicious little bugger.

      Delete