Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Moving In

Our big birds spend the summers outside on our back porch. The Florida heat and humidity is perfect for them. Their feathers never look as good as they do in the summer, I swear. But it is almost October and we have been getting a lot of rain and slowly but surely the tempreture is starting to drop. So it's time to start prepping the house for them to come back inside. They don't have to be back in til the end of next month, then they will be inside until March or April, depending on how quickly our spring warms up.

There is an adjustment period when they come inside, because of that I prefer to do it one bird at a time. When that bird is aclamated then I move in the next one, and so on. So Duke, my Orange-wing Amazon, was the first one in this weekend, and he is loving it.


"Up! Up! Up!"


He has been exploring the house and eating up all the one on one attention he is getting. He is also an alarm clock every single morning. Though this morning he didn't go off for very long, so I was able to sleep in a little.


"This -is- my happy face!"

No comments:

Post a Comment