Thursday, September 29, 2011

Love at first kiss

My first bird was not a large parrot. In fact, she was a small, brightly colored beautiful Sun Conure named Romeo. (We found out later that “he” was a “she”) Romeo was a beautiful bird. Not just her brilliant coloring but her personality was the sweetest of any bird I have ever had.




"Whose a pretty bird?"


She was a kisser. The first time I met her she jumped off her stand climbed up my shirt and kissed me, over and over and over. It was an instant love between us. Every time I went to the store she wanted to be on me and I, of course, wanted to hold her. We were fast friends. A bond between human and bird that I have not had since. She was very special to me.

In some ways Romeo was a typical Sun Conure. She could be very loud. This usually happened when I was on the phone or doing something that did not include her when she wanted to be included.


"OMG! You're on the phone!!"


Romeo was full of personality, more then some of the larger birds that I have now. In the short time we have had together, she has made a lasting impression on me. I will always remember the small yellow bird that stole my heart.

RIP Romeo 200?-2007

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through marys blog the lady who has the greys . Im curious is the mulberry you live in by any chance mulberry florida ? I have relatives that live there that is why I ask . I also have quaker parrots who can be equally loud I can assure you . take care and hope to read more about your flock .

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! :)
    Yes I am in Florida. I also have some quakers, They seem quieter to me then most of the conures, mine mainly chitter and tell me to "go away" all the time. ;)

    I hope you enjoy the blog.

    ReplyDelete