Monday, March 12, 2012

Lake Mirror Part 1

Lake Mirror is the social hub of the artistic and free spirited folk here in Lakeland. Or so they say. Being that I don't do crowds I tend to not pay attention to any of the festivals they advertise, but they put a lot of effort into the area and it shows. I took quite a few pictures here so I am going to break this up into 2 separate posts.

First take a look at this place, it's really taken care of, unlike the other lakes we have been visiting. It was a really quiet Sunday, there was hardly anyone around when we got there.



We arrived just in time for the duck parade.:D


These ducks are called Indian Runners, and they look like walking bowling pins.


They also had some Ring Neck Ducks which allowed me to actually get a half way decent shot of this guy here. (Those eyes make me think his head is gonna start spinning around any moment now.)


His girlfriend was a bit more aloof.


This Great Blue Heron (GBH) flew over when he noticed us feeding the ducks. I would have had an awesome picture if it had not been for a pole getting in the way. Stupid pole!


GBH wading and snatching bread away from the ducks. This is the same GBH from the video I posted a few weeks ago.


One bonus for Lake Mirror is that the ducks and coots are acclimated to humans so we were mobbed by both. This allowed me to get pictures of some coots out of the water and show off those wild looking feet.


And now I will bring this picture post to it's feathery end.....


Get it? Get it? Feathery end....duck butt! Bwahahahahaha! I amuse me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment