Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Picture Post

A few weekends ago we ventured out to a few different lakes in the area. We hit Lake Bonnie first. Lake bonnie is rather secluded, only one small area is for visitors with one small grill in dire need of maintenance and one rotting picnic table we didn't stay around for very long. While I was there though I did take a few pictures.

Lake Bonnie is bigger then most of the lakes around here, not the biggest of them but pretty darn big in it's own right.


A bird, possibly a coot, followed us at a distance. He seemed as curious about us as we were about him.


Then there was this guy, that looks kinda chicken like but swims and has a bright red beak, I have no clue what it is but I think it maybe coot related.


Ok, in the center of the picture there is a tiny bird. I have these guys all over my yard and have not a clue what they are. They make humming birds look like body builders, so I am guessing they are some sort of finch.


There were a bunch of trees bearing these pretty yellow flowers on them. I of course have no clue what kind of tree this is, so if anyone out there has an idea of what it is leave a note in the comments please.


Thats it for Lake Bonnie. I save the next lake for next week since there are a whole lot of pictures I'll probably break it up into multiple posts. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. And I remember NOW that I was supposed to comment here ages ago about your mystery bird. *facepalm* As we discussed, the waterfowl who looks coot-like is a gallinule...similar, but not quite the same. :)

    I wish I could get a closer look at your mystery songbird! I still think it might be something like a golden-crowned or ruby-crowned kinglet, especially if they're really tiny.

    --Sara

    ReplyDelete