Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Insomnia and Birds

I have serious bouts of insomnia that can last for days if not weeks. When they are over I am left with a whacked out sleeping schedule that I have to slowly try and right one hour at a time.

This week has been one of those weeks. Not being able to sleep until you pass out is annoying enough for me, but it really upsets the birds. They get very loud if they can't see me during the day. Echo gets particularly stressed out and has been known to throw himself around his cage in an effort to get my attention.

So what does one do when they know at 4:30 am that at some point they are going to pass out and sleep all day? They grab a blanket and sleep in the living room.

I am in shock that it worked. Other then the Charlie Horse that woke me up and made me yelp, the house was quiet all day long. Absolutely silent, and they hadn't been fed yet. O.O I am amazed, and am planning on sleeping in the living room again if the insomnia doesn't let up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment