Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Going Out

Well I have never claimed to have an exciting life. In fact, sometimes I prefer dull and boring since the latest "excitement" has included sick and hurt animals and thats not the excitement I'm looking for.

So since we really had no plans other then meeting friends online this weekend, John and I decided to venture out of the house for an hour or so and see what we could find.

Anything nature oriented was out of the question, Rain started falling in sheets once we left the house. So after dropping off a photo print order at the local drugstore we ventured out to the local pet store on what we affectionately call a "Bunny Run". (Bunnies are the feel good critter for me. Can't be depressed around a bunny!)

So off to the local pet store where the one lone bunny did not hold my attention for long, not when I saw this face...





"Are you my new Mommy?"


There is a reason baby cockatoos are cute. It's an evil plot to make me want to take them all home with me!! ARGH!

This aboslutly adorable baby Goffin Cockatoo melted my heart very quickly. To say "I want!" is an understatement.


Next to the Goffin was this fella...






"Hello, you want to take me home too don't cha."




This is a Cherry Head Conure, and from my experience with these guys at the store I worked in, they are m-e-s-s-y! They also tend to get cage bound quickly, which this guy, at the admission of the lady that works there, is on his way to being. :(

The star of the day though was this little beauty...





"Yes, Ohh and Ahhh you silly human woman, I -am- a pretty bird."


This is an Eastern Rosella Parakeet.  I have to admit I gasped and squeed just a little when I saw it. So pretty. Upon talking to the bird person I have been informed that these guys don't talk, (but they chirp really cutely) and they are not snuggle birds. IE. You can get them to step up but one that will let you pet and/or scratch it is very rare. :( Bummer.

But remember I said they chirp? Well it was so cute I took some film of it for you.



See I was thinking about you guys. XD Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment