Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Picture Post

Now that things are winding down, and John's fingers have pretty much healed, he's been getting some love from a sweet little birdie with a much smaller beak. ;)



"It's Kissy face time!"

"Birdie wuv."

Seriously, from the moment John gets near her cage, 'til long after he puts her back, all she does is make kissy noises. (She only makes kissy noises for me when she's nervous.)

 A brief moment of "OMG Momma is too close!" sent Zora flying around the kitchen. As soon as I stepped back she landed on Johns hand. (Zora only likes me if I have sunflower seeds or when John is at work.)

More kissing time. She loves to preen his beard, though she gets a tad over zealous sometimes and nips his lips and nose.

"We have talked about this touching thing, Mister."

"Hey! Off the feathers! I just got them the way I want them."

BTW have any of you noticed...no pin feathers all over her head and neck! XD I found a small finch branch perch that hangs from the roof of her cage and she uses it to preen. (She was doing that before John took her out, hence the funny "hair style" she's sporting here.) Thank goodness, no more holding her down and force preening.  I am sure she is just as relived as we are over that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment